Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ocean Baths

Ocean Baths by frontdrive34
Ocean Baths, a photo by frontdrive34 on Flickr.

No wise words here.

I don't often travel north of Sydney. Something about the motorway fatigues me but I recently went north.

Friends had suggested a drive. A Citroen was selected and then the destination, Newcastle was chosen (Palm Beach was another option). Now I didn't get tired, the car ran like a dream and to my joy the roads weren't too busy apart from several clusters of Harley riders, those Sunday ones, not the proper bikers!

It had been quite a long time since I last went there. The last time was actually by vintage diesel loco there and Sydney Harbour Ferry boat home (but thats another story with lots of spew).
All I had remembered of Newcastle was some great architecture. Well I wasn't dissapointed with these ocean baths being one of Newcastles jewels. What a treasure they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment