Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sam Petrou - Kingsgrove

No wise words here.

I went for a hair cut today. Not here though. I go across the road to 73 year old "Sam" real name Salvatore Sallazo. Had no idea there were two barbers in Kingsgrove until I braved the arcade. Its one of those dark, gloomy suburban arcades that has shops from 30 years ago in it. I saw this barber HAD to photograph it but how? I'm a bit shy when it comes to pointing a lens at someone. I HAD to have a shot though.....

Go outside, take a breath, wind on the next frame (oh damn this SRT101, the winder spool keeps slipping). Fire a dead shot lens to chest, wind on a bit more, aperture to f1.7. Now, walk inside, frame and snap....done. Quite pleased with it really!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, old post I know...but do you know if Sam Petrou was still working there when you took this pic or had someone else taken over the business? I used to go there when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. The guy working there looked pretty old so maybe its the same guy. You need a haircut don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I do. And maybe a shave. Thanks so much.

    Shane

    ReplyDelete